Thursday, January 12, 2012

Peaceful Winter

I love the month of January. I didn't used to but in the last few years I have found this chilly month comforting.  I am happy to be back to the daily routine that we lazily abandoned during the holiday season and to have weekends filled with few or no plans at all. Lila started a new school this semester, Discover Day School at our church, and so far I think that she has transitioned really well and loves it there. James is so busy all the time right now, curious about everything and constantly getting into stuff!


I have been lazy lately and just not had an itch to blog, so here are some pictures of the kids over the last few months having fun and enjoying life.  I'm gonna give my best effort to getting on the blog train again.
 Lila and her buddy, Willa Ann having a ball jumping and little brothers, James & James Clay dying to be up there too.

 Some of Lila's favorite things...make up, dressing up, and the disco ball

 Oh, this look scares me.  I am sure I will see much more of this around age 13
 This is much more the look I prefer

Little rascals


More little rascals. Cousin Walker comes over for a visit with James


 I can't believe how big my Jamesy is getting.  He is really trying to communicate with words right now, and I am trying my best to facilitate and understand what he is telling me. He has a lot to say!


These are pictures from Lila's old Montessori school Halloween carnival. There are many things I am going to miss about her old school, she had many great experiences out there. But it was time for a change and I think she is going to love her new school too.





 Halloween night: a cowboy, devil in a blue dress, and a southern belle.




 Fun hayride with friends






Yummy pancakes and applesauce for breakfast



 Cupcake making and decorating party with the Wilkes, so much fun!








check out James' arm. We love making messes

 Bradley has a new hobby, balloon art.  The kids have been enjoying his new creations!







 
The days Christmas break that included little ladies dressing up and adults lounging around were really nice, but I am happy to be back into the swing of our regular routine again.
Happy new year, and I hope that 2012 is a blessed year for you and your family!

2 comments:

  1. I get to see these amazing Rayner children grow up daily in person, and for that I am so blessed! But I sure love looking at these fun pics on the blog! Thanks for sharing your life with us Jenny!!! We can learn so much from you and your family, and for that we are so thankful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the blog! Thanks for letting me know about it!!! I can't decide which pic is my favorite - James and James Clay watching the girls jump or Lila modeling some blue sequins. Love those babies and I'm like Amy - so glad I get to see them all the time!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete