Monday, February 21, 2011

Is is spring yet?

The weather has been beautiful here the last week. I know that it is just a teaser, but I feel as if spring has already arrived.  Being able to play outside has been wonderful! Yesterday we got a informal soccer game together but the kids mostly wanted to eat snacks and veg out. That was fine by me...I kind of felt the same. Last night we headed to my hometown for a ceremony honoring my grandad and 2 other Charlestonian men. It was very special for these amazing gentlemen and their families. Most of my dad's side of the family was there and it was great to visit with everyone. Lila and James spent the night with my parents...and we got to sleep in, nice!




Taking a breather





 Our extended family went to dinner after the ceremony and it took a long time to get our food. All of the kids were getting pretty bored and tired needed to come up with things to stay occupied.Typical Lila being silly here. She put fake bread in her dress and handed it out to everyone. 



  My parents live in the country and anyone would tell you that they definitely cater to their grandchildren. It is a kids paradise at their house.  My children love staying with Lainey and Papa Ike












 My mom finally gets the chocolate cake off Lila's mouth


 James looks worried Lainey is coming after his mouth now!

At home everytime I walk toward the glass door going outside, James reaches for the door. He loves "outside". He could spend an hour in this swing and be happy. My easygoing, loving  little boy. I adore him and I know that he is going to teach me to enjoy a gentler pace in life.









I feel certain that we will get some more winter weather. That is just how it is in Mississippi. But the last week has been magical...

No comments:

Post a Comment