Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mississippi Snow

 I kept hearing about how it was supposed to snow here in Oxford, MS, and actually stick around a couple of days. I didn't believe it.  But here it is.  Eight inches of snow fell onto our beautiful little town on Sunday and it is still here two days later... unbelievable.  In the 33 years that I have lived in Mississippi I have never experienced (at least since being able to remember) such a wonderful winter wonderland. Usually we get an inch or two but it is always gone in a matter of hours. Our family took full advantage yesterday by going to my sister-in-law's home in the country to sled and enjoy the ground cover.




 Isn't it beautiful out here!




 Lila getting ready to head down the hill with Mo Mo.




 Sweet baby James is loving all this activity 



My nephew Sharp enjoying the thrill of sledding
 My niece, Mary Morgan (Mo Mo) helps Lila back up the hill. It is wonderful that Lila and James have such caring and sweet cousins to play with. I feel blessed being able to spend special times like these with our extended family.
 Getting ready to go again!
 Aunt Roane about to give the the push off


 James says "my turn"

"See ya later"....just kidding, sweet baby James will have to wait until next year.



Aunt "Whit Whit" on the innertube
 Mississippi style fun in the snow.....a ranger and an innertube. Awesome!

 Lila has just discovered the enjoyment of making snowballs and hurling them at Daddy

"I think this one may be big enough"
 Watch out Daddy!

 Now it's time to come inside and make S'mores by the fireplace


James says he can get used to these S'mores things, Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment