Saturday, January 1, 2011

Nothing left to do but smile smile smile...

Today as I write this at the beginning of 2011 I am smiling. Truly smiling. Smiling with every part of my being. I cannot say the same was true this time last year.  At the beginning of 2010 I was  filled with anxiety. James was just 3 months old and we had recently begun 3 of his therapies. I was trying to prepare myself for the onslaught of doctor appointments that are deemed necessary for infants with Down Syndrome: pediatric cardiologist, opthamologist, ENT, hearing tests, thyroid tests, and others. I felt that the stakes were stacked against us. So many children with Down Syndrome have some type of health issue, and I was fearful for James. One by one we we went through the list with anxiety overcoming me at the beginning of each appointment. But so far our little man has been very healthy. Thank you, God!  Ever since Lila was tiny I have prayed that she (and now James) would be happy, healthy, and secure. I believe that my prayers have been answered. I know that we will have unseen difficulties throughout life, just like everyone else, but at the start of this year I am feeling happy and blessed. I welcome 2011 with open arms. Happy New Year!


Bradley and I sent out an e-Christmas card this year and I am putting the link below because it shows pictures of our family during 2010.


view our Christmas card here



No comments:

Post a Comment